At Shave Magazine, we take our product testing and rating seriously. We put each product through its paces so that you can make an informed decision before making your purchase. But how do we test and rate products? Let’s take a closer look.
A Little Bit About Us
It’s a little-known fact that not all shaving products are created equal. Some have blades, some are electric, and others might even be portable or body area specific. We at Shave Magazine believe in giving you the best of the best when it comes to fashion and comfort – we review shaving products from top brands and even those who are new in the market but have efficient products. Keep reading to know more about how we accomplish this.
The Review Process: How We Shortlist the Products
The process of shortlisting shaving products is a challenging task. There are so many choices, brands, styles, prices that it can be overwhelming to find the right one.
But, we’ve done the hard work for you!
Our experts take the time to research the best suppliers, find any potential issues with quality or price and then hand-pick what we think are the highest quality items available at that time. They will help guide your purchase as you decide on which shaving products are right for you!
Here’s a sneak peek of the process the products have to go through in order to get a spot in our lists of best ones.
- Tried and Tested: We get the products, we try them on, we test them in suitable environments, and we share the results with you. Sometimes, we get the products for free from the sellers or brands, and sometimes we purchase them to check if they stand true to their claims.
- Window Shopping: We also go to stores and check out the shaving products to observe and compare what they claim to deliver without actually buying them.
- Third-Party Reviews: Sometimes, the brand owners share the products with third-party reviewers who can test the products in much better environments, like trying a portable shaver on a vacation, or trying a hypoallergenic shaving cream on sensitive skin. This simply helps us to test products to their limits.
- Online Digging: Whenever we are unable to get the products in our hands, we dig through the internet, from the brand websites to e-commerce stores and even online reviewing platforms, to fetch genuine reviews from real people to bring you the most honest feedback of the products.
Moreover, all general information, including skin-related advice and precautions, is thoroughly sourced from credible websites and certified practitioners.
For What Features We Test the Products
All products that appear on our lists go through the scrutinization of a strict process.
- Moisturizing – We checked how effectively the product help moisturizes skin, prevents and soothes irritation, and leaves the user feeling super fresh.
- Reduce-Irritation – We observed how useful the product lessen irritation when applied to the skin.
- Oil-Free – We took note of how useful the product helps prevent breakouts, minimized ingrown hair for clear and healthy-looking skin.
- Anti-Bacterial – We analyzed how effectively the product work to fight or resist bacteria.
- Comfort – We checked how the product was comfortable and safe when used.
- Waterproof – We observed how good the product in staying in place and protecting the user’s skin for longer periods.
- Sweat-Resistant – We checked how effectively this product in absorbing moisture after continuously wearing them for a long period of time.
- Hypoallergenic – We observed how the product is likely to trigger an allergic reaction.
- Non-Greasy – We researched how useful the product helps minimize oil and irritation for healthy-looking skin.
- Price – We checked the products’ affordability having good quality.
- Reduce Swelling – We researched how effectively the product reduces swelling and relief pain on the face.
- Relief Itching – We analyzed how effectively the product work to fight or resist irritation.
- Flake-Free – We assessed how the product effectively eliminates flaky and scalp irritation, which leaves the user’s head fresh and moisturized.
- Nourishing – We researched how good the product is in treating scalp conditions, softening, and retaining hair moisture while encouraging hair growth.
- Freshness – We checked how useful the product is in preventing dirt and odor that will maintain the user’s head feeling super fresh.
- Packaging – We checked how outstanding the packaging would protect the product from bacteria and other things.
- Hydrating – We observed how the product helps treat dry skin and keep it moisturized that leaving the skin looking nourished and hydrated.
- Softness – We compared the level of softness of different products.
- Quick Shaving – We checked how good the product provides lubricant to help your razor blade glide effortlessly for quick results.
- Less friction – We observed the product quality on how it can reduce friction to avoid cuts and scrapes.
- Prevent Cuts – We analyzed how well-designed the product was to protect the user’s head from cuts while shaving.
- Reduce Redness – We researched how effectively the product reduces redness and eases discomfort on the head.
- Prevent Pain – We checked how extremely effective the product is at soothing skin and minimizing pain before hair removal.
- Versatility – We checked the product’s versatility to be used in different areas.
- Easy Use – We tested how easy the product can use without any difficulty.
- Quality – We researched how long users are able to use the product without any reported changes in the quality or design.
- Design – We analyzed the design of the product to see if it is comfortable and easy to use.
- Travel-Friendly – We checked how easy and portable to carry the product.
- Easy Clean – We observed how easy to clean the product after using it several times.
- Prevent Ingrown Hairs – We noted how it protects the skin against the buildup of bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells as well as decreases inflammation of inflamed ingrown hair.
Why Should You Trust Us?
We provide the most honest reviews
We bring you the best products in the market
We share information that’s true to the best of our knowledge
At Shave Magazine, we try and test all kinds of brands and types of shaving products to confidently say that we know which ones are worth your time (and money).
Trust us – when it comes to finding the best shaving products out there, we know what we’re talking about! Whether you’re looking for shaving cream, a facial epilator, or a beard shampoo, we’ve got you covered.