Shaving the head is a bit of a tedious task, and a head-shaving oil can make quite a difference. Apart from its softening effect on the hair, and skin lubrication, it also has a soothing impact on the skin.
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of the top Head shaving oils to give the best shaving experience. Also, we have a few additional snippets of information that will help you have a smooth, shaved head.
Benefits of Head Shaving Oil
Here are the top benefits of head shaving oil and how it helps you in your shaving routine.
- Reduction of Ingrown Hair – The problem of ingrown hair usually occurs due to improper shaving routines or habits. However, using a head-shaving oil and some of the products of head shaving kits will softens your hair, preps them for the closest possible shave, and avoids ingrowth.
- Skin Moisturizing – Shaving creams and exfoliators almost always have drying action. But shaving oil keeps the skin moisturized on the go.
- Protection Against Razor Burns – Though the head-shaving oil reduces the chances of razor burns, even if your hands slip off, you can soothe them with another application of shaving oil.
- Chemical Free Shaving – Head shaving oils allow you to have one of the most natural ways to shave your head. All you have to do is apply an oil, let it sit for a few minutes, and you can shave even without using any shaving cream.
How to Shave Your Head With Shaving Oil?
Here is the best process to shave your head with just shaving oil. Have a look!
- Cleanse your face – First of all, you must cleanse your face of excess dirt and dust. You may use a face cleanser or exfoliator for this.
- Steam – Steam helps in opening the skin pores and softening the hair. Steam can be applied in the form of a usual face steamer or towel your face with warm water.
- Apply Head Shaving oil – Now, you may apply the shaving oil on the skin. The best way is to take a few drops in the palm of your hands, rub a little and then massage into your skin on the head. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Shave – You must ideally start with shaving in the hair’s direction and then go in the reverse direction for the most optimal shave.
- Splash your face with warm water – IF anytime during the shave, you feel like the blade is not gliding well, you can apply some warm water and then try again.
- Wash – Lastly, you may wash your face to rinse off any hair residue that might still be clinging to your face.
Cons of Using Head Shaving Oil
The head-shaving oils have downsides as well. Keep reading to know the possible reasons that shaving oils might not be your thing.
- Potent Odor – The inclusion of many essential oil extracts in head-shaving oils maybe just too much for some to bear the fragrance.
- Razor Burns – Though shaving oils are known to soothe razor burns, not all are good enough to prevent them. Plus, the major cause of razor burns is the way razor is glided on the skin, and oils have little say in this matter.
- Allergies – It is also quite possible that some people may be allergic to a natural ingredient as well. Besides, though oils are soothing, they may irritate some with sensitive or already oily skin.
- Synthetic additives – Some head-shaving oils may include synthetic fragrances or other ingredients that may harm your comfort and shaving.
Reviews: Best Head Shaving Oil
Here is the list of best Head Shaving Oil. But before moving forward, we would like to inform you that we may earn a part of the profits for every purchase made via links on this page.
- Enriched with organic shea butter, this head shaving oil by Tree hut is spot on when it comes to hydrating the skin.
- It fills in all the dry cracks in your head’s epidermal layer and makes it soft and smooth.
- Besides, the oil is also free of paraben, phthalates, formaldehyde, and other chemical ingredients. So it is safe for all skin types.
- All in all, this head shaving oil ensures to provide you the closest shave possible with protection against nicks and cuts.
- Alonzo’s Sensational Shave brings an amazing head shaving oil that has been exclusively made from natural ingredients like seed, kernel, and nut oils.
- As a result, this oil knows well to nourish your skin, not only with moisturization but also with a dose of vitamins and minerals that strengthen your skin inside out.
- Besides, it has no harmful chemicals, not even any preservatives and coloring agents. So you may rest assured that your skin will not feel irritated or dry after applying this shaving oil.
- You must also go for this oil if you are using regular shaving creams, which tend to dry out your skin.
- The other cold-pressed oils that it chiefly contains include oils from coconut, avocado apricot, bergamot, olive, and oils.
- A pre-shave oil for your head ensures that your shaving goes as smooth as possible and free of cuts and bruises is all that you may need.
- Besides, there are no harmful chemicals present in this head shaving oil, and it is safe for your sensitive scalp.
- Additionally, it is lightly scented with sandalwood that will make you feel more in sync with yourself.
- Not to mention the Viking quality of this shaving oil will surely level up your shaving game.
- This head shaving oil from the Lather & Wood Shaving Co. will give you a classic shaving feel.
- It has a blend of one or two but several essential oils, namely, Grapeseed, Sandalwood, Meadowfoam, Organic Olive, Wheatgerm, Cranberry, Red Raspberry, and Neem oil, in addition to Rosemary extracts.
- But the essential part this head shaving oil will play is that it will soften the hardest of hair on your head or face for a butter-like glide of the shaving razor.
- Besides, a little goes a long way, so all you need is a few drops and then leave it up to 30 minutes to show its magic before you shave.
- For ultra gliding shaving, this head shaving oil by American Crew will be of much help.
- On application, it prepares your skin and hair for the razors to do their work with perfection.
- Besides, the inclusion of natural ingredients like olive oil, rice bran oil, clove flower oil, peppermint oil, and rosemary extracts lend its skin-soothing and moisturizing action.
- You may use it alone or in addition to shaving cream as per your preference.
- The Art of Shaving head shaving oil will soften the hair on your head and face, even without leaving any oily residue on your skin.
- It also reduces the friction that the skin bears from the razor blades since it forms a barrier between your skin and the razor.
- Additionally, the dispenser bottle makes it easy to get a dab whenever you need it.
Index Table: Top-Rated Head Shaving Oil
|1||Tree Hut Shea Butter - Moisturizing Head Shaving Oil||Tree Hut||98|
|2||Alonzo’s Natural - Head Shaving Oil||Alonzo’s||98|
|3||Viking Revolution Sandalwood - Chemical Free Head Shaving Oil||Viking Revolution||97|
|4||Lather & Wood Premium - Ultra Comfort Head Shaving Oil||Lather & Wood||97|
|5||American Crew Ultra Glide - Best Head Shaving Oil||American Crew||97|
|6||Art of Shaving Close Shave - Sandalwood Head Shaving Oil||Art of Shaving||97|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Head Shaving Oil
- How to Shave Your Head With Shaving Oil?
- Cons of Using Head Shaving Oil
- Reviews: Best Head Shaving Oil
- Tree Hut® Shea Butter Moisturizing Head Shaving Oil
- Alonzo’s® Natural Head Shaving Oil
- Viking Revolution® Sandalwood Chemical Free Head Shaving Oil
- Lather & Wood® Premium Ultra Comfort Head Shaving Oil
- American Crew® Ultra Glide Best Head Shaving Oil
- Art of Shaving® Close Shave Sandalwood Head Shaving Oil
- Index Table: Top-Rated Head Shaving Oil