Being bald makes the head a little extra sensitive to the impact of the sun. So naturally, the sunscreens come to the rescue and protect your bald head from the heat as well as harmful radiation from the sun.
So here we are with the top sunscreens for a bald head that will make your experience fun and soothing each time you step out in the sun. Besides, we will also share some additional information for your convenience. Have a look!
How to use Sunscreen For Bald Head?
The application makes a lot of difference. So have a quick read on the three golden rules on the most optimal way to apply sunscreen on your bald head.
- Patch Test – Whenever you buy a new sunscreen product, always do a patch test to check how it reacts with your skin. Consequently, after the first application, wait for another 20 -30 minutes to see if your skin shows any signs of irritation or rashes. If it is all good, you are good to go ahead with a full application on your head.
- Application Time – The ideal time to apply sunscreen so that it acts the most effective is at least 30 minutes before going out in the sun. Sunscreens take time to get absorbed into the skin and form a barrier, and 30 minutes is a good time frame.
- Reapplication Time – Most sunscreens stop working after an hour’s time. So you will have to re-apply to stay safe from the sun rays. Besides many sunscreens with enhanced protection claim to stay effective for around 80 minutes.
What to look for in a Sunscreen For Bald Head
Here are the top things to look out for in sunscreen before you choose one for your bald head.
- Broad spectrum protection – While the UV radiations of the sunburn or tan your skin, look for creams that offer broad-spectrum protection. This means that your skin will stay protected from both the UV-A and UV-B radiations, which work in different ways.
- SPF – SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor and is a measure of the percent of sun’s radiations that will reach the skin after penetrating the barrier of the sunscreen. So ensure that you do not go for any sunscreen that has an SPF anywhere below 30.
- Waterproof – Baldhead is prone to higher sweating when exposed to the sun, and gradually the sweat may carry away the layer of sunscreen with it. But a waterproof sunscreen will stay in place and protect your skin
- Matte Finish – Check out whether the sunscreen leaves a glossy look or a matte one before purchasing it. Matte is always a preferred option as the skin looks more natural, and especially men don’t want to highlight that they have applied anything on their heads at all.
Tips and Tricks for Taking Care of your Bald Head
Though sunscreens go a long way protecting your skin from the sun’s harm, here are a few more additional tips to protect your delicate scalp.
- Try and Cover – While you may like exposing off your shiny scalp, it is always better to shield it with a cap or some other headgear of your choice.
- Keep it moisturized – You must either use a moisturizing sunscreen or a simple moisturizer to keep the scalp adequately hydrated. If the skin on your head gets too dried, it may turn itchy, and dandruff may appear even without any hair.
- Get a Massage – Getting your bald head massaged with some serums, essential oils, or any other bio-oil can rejuvenate the skin cells, and the scalp will feel hydrated or long.
- Shave Regularly – If you need to shave off the tiny strands of hair, ensure that you shave them off regularly. Use a good quality cream and razor that can adjust to the contours of your head and leave behind no nicks or cut marks.
Reviews: Best Sunscreen For Bald Head
Check out our little list of the best sunscreens for bald heads. Also, note that for every purchase you make through the links on this page, we may receive a part of the profits.
- This sunscreen cream with an SPF of 30 is a cool addition in your kit since it also moisturizes and tones your skin’s texture.
- It also leaves no lustrous layer on your skin, and also controls the excess oil secretion from your skin when under the sun.
- Besides, apart from protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays, it also reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and dry patches on your skin.
- Apart from this, your head will also burn a little less, in addition to feeling calm and refreshed for a longer time.
- With active ingredients like Benzophenone-3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, and Homosalate, it delivers fast action and for longer in comparison to other sunscreens for your bald head.
- Jack Black brings a cool and soothing sunscreen for your bald head that has the power of SPF 45.
- Besides, it is also enriched with vitamins and is made without using oils that tend to clog pores on your face.
- It is also sweat-resistant and acts as a barrier between the delicate skin on your head and the scorching sun rays that do more harm than good.
- You are advised to apply it at least 30 minutes before going in the sun for this sunscreen to get ready to act against the broad spectrum of UV radiation.
- Additionally, for the reason that it includes vitamin c as an inactive ingredient, it also fights free radicals and soothes your skin.
- This sunscreen for bald head features a non greasy formula that will not clog your pores or induce acne on your skin.
- Besides, it is also water-resistant, so you feel free to apply on the beach and have an excellent playtime without having to worry about your skin’s protection against the sun.
- Also, this sunscreen requires reapplication every 60 minutes in the sun to continue its effectiveness.
- Nevertheless, Headhunter sunscreen is hypoallergenic and will not sting your eyes or other parts of your face and head.
- The Banana Boat sunscreen is one of the best sunscreens for your bald head as it includes odor-neutralizing ingredients that leave behind only a slight manly scent.
- It also comes enriched with aloe vera and vitamin E, which are well known for anti-inflammatory and anti-aging action.
- Besides, it is nongreasy and keeps your face dry yet adequately moisturized.
- Moreover, the best feature is that its active protection formula protects your head from the harmful UV radiation of the sun for a prolonged period, and effectively.
- This sunscreen by Thinksport for bald head claims to be the first sunscreen to meet the Whole Foods Premium Care requirements and a collection of awards.
- It is safe for the skin and free of harmful ingredients like paraben, oxybenzone, avobenzone, and other chemical absorbers.
- However, the cool part is that it is also resistant to water for a whopping 80 minutes on the application, which makes it one of the longest staying sunscreens for men.
- Besides, it is easily absorbed by the skin and is free of obtrusive smelling ingredients.
- Further, this product is also cruelty-free, vegan, and gluten-free as well.
- Laced with Dry-Touch technology, this sunscreen by Neutrogena leaves behind a matte finish on your bald head.
- Besides, it is powered by Helioplex, which helps the sunscreen to fight against the harmful UV radiation and protects your skin.
- Also, it is anti comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores) and paraben-free. Besides, it is safe to use for most skin types.
Index Table: Top-Rated Sunscreen For Bald Head
|1||Bee Bald SPF 30 - Moisturizing Sunscreen for Bald Head||Bee Bald||96|
|2||Jack Black SPF 45 - Oil Free Sunscreen for Bald Head||Jack Black||97|
|3||Headhunter SPF 50 - Water Resistant Sunscreen for Bald Head||Headhunter||97|
|4||Banana Boat SPF 30 - Aloe Enthused Sunscreen for Bald Head||Banana Boat||96|
|5||Thinksport SPF 50+ - Chemical Free Sunscreen for Bald Head||Thinksport||98|
|6||Neutrogena SPF 45 - TSA-compliant Sunscreen for Bald Head||Neutrogena||98|
Table of Contents
- How to use Sunscreen For Bald Head?
- What to look for in a Sunscreen For Bald Head
- Tips and Tricks for Taking Care of your Bald Head
- Reviews: Best Sunscreen For Bald Head
- Bee Bald® SPF 30 Moisturizing Sunscreen for Bald Head
- Jack Black® SPF 45 Oil Free Sunscreen for Bald Head
- Headhunter® SPF 50 Water Resistant Sunscreen for Bald Head
- Banana Boat® SPF 30 Aloe Enthused Sunscreen for Bald Head
- Thinksport® SPF 50+ Chemical Free Sunscreen for Bald Head
- Neutrogena® SPF 45 TSA-compliant Sunscreen for Bald Head
- Index Table: Top-Rated Sunscreen For Bald Head