Shaving the head is nothing less than art if done the right way. So here we are with the top head shave tips that will come in handy while you are at the task of creating a masterpiece shave.
Besides, we have also compiled the top accessories that will come in handy while you shave. From shaving razors to creams and even sunscreens, we have the top ones, here, in one place. Thus all you have to do is skim through, and you will know them all. Happy Head Shaving!
Top tips to follow before shaving your head
The head, even if bald, needs to prep up for the razor. So here is what you must do before going into the shave mode.
- Cleanse – Before shaving, you must ensure that you rinse all the dirt off your head. Besides, while it is best to take a warm shower, if not possible, you must at least use a good cleanser and wash it once.
- Trim the Hair – If your hair is not of the right length before shaving, you will not get what you expect. The ideal length of the hair must be around
- Exfoliate – You must also exfoliate your head, but you must take care not to get too harsh on it.
- Use Pre shaving Oil / Cream – Another head shave tip, use head shaving oil to helps prepare the hair for the shaving session by making them soft. Since softer hair gets razed away quickly and with ease.
Top tips to follow while shaving your head
These head shave tips ensure that the process is followed in the most optimal way to ensure a perfect shave. Read through and guide yourself!
- Use warm water – During the shave, prefers using warm water as it tends to soften the hair on your head and face.
- Rinse the blade – You must again use warm water to rinse the blade after each glide. Thus, it ensures that the excess cream or gel does not accumulate on the razor and compromise the shave quality.
- Direction of Stroke – You must first follow the direction of the hair, and only the second time, you must go against the direction of the hair on your head.
- Use a Panoramic Mirror – A panoramic view mirror will give you a complete view of your head, and thus you will not leave behind an unshaved patch of hair.
Post shaving tips
Here are some important post-shaving tips that are not worth missing. Try and follow these to take good care of your bald head after each shave.
- Use Sunscreen – Since a bald head doesn’t have the hair which acts as a barrier between the sun’s harmful rays and the skin of the head, you need to apply SunscreenSunscreen. Firstly, you must do a patch test, and if all goes well, apply the SunscreenSunscreen at least half an hour before going out in the sun. Besides, reapply after every 60 to 80 minutes to continue its protection.
- Moisturized – You must take note that the skin on your head does not get dry. In worse cases, it may even turn flaky, and dandruff may take place. SO before waiting for things to go in the wrong direction, you must ensure to keep them hydrated. Use a quality moisturizer for this job.
- Shave Regularly – Regular shaving is also essential that your bald head is aptly maintained. Any laxity may result in extra efforts to bring things back to normal.
- Cover your head – Whenever possible, try and cover your head to protect it from dust and dirt. Moreover, even if you apply Sunscreen, your head may feel just too warm under the sun.
Reviews: Best Products for Head Shaving
Now that you have gone through the best head shave tips, here’s a list of the best of all the products that you may need for shaving your head. Before you proceed, we would also like to inform you that for every purchase made via links on this page, we may earn a part of the profits.
- This limited edition award-winning design that this HeadBlade razor feature ensures that your fingers get a strong grip over the razor.
- Besides, its Dual-axis suspension allows it to smoothly cover all the contours of your head with absolute ease.
- And since it is non-electric, you need not bother about going near an electric socket or getting charged up before a shaving session.
- Not to mention, it is easy to clean and maintain. And an HB4 blade comes within the package, though it is also compatible with HB6 Blade Cartridges.
- This head shaving razor works well with and without shaving cream or gel as well.
- Since a good view is important to have a hair-free, smooth head, this two-fold viewing mirror will be of excellent help.
- It will give you a complete view of your head so that you do not skip any spec on the back of your head.
- You may also place it on the table or hang it from a hook and adjust the two side mirrors as per your convenience. Even its height is adjustable once changed.
- Additionally, since it is made of plastic and a break-resistant acrylic mirror, you may feel free to place it in your home or carry it on a trip.
With a flexible rotary shaver head and 5 floating blades, it covers all the contours of your head with a close shaving experience.
Apart from shaving the head, this electric shaver also comes in handy in trimming ear and nose hair, in addition to hair clipping and facial cleansing brush.
The lithium-powered battery can be fully charged within two hours and then last more than 60 minutes of shaving.
Besides, the shaver heads are waterproof and can be washed for easy cleaning. And you may even use it in the shower or with shaving cream or gel.
The steel blades are of good quality, the electric head shaver makes minimal noise, and being cordless, there is nothing binding you.
- This shaving cream by Bee Bald offers one of the most premium shaving experiences and a smooth and hair-free head.
- It is also safe for all skin types, and your skin will feel quite refreshed and nourished. As a head shave tip, you must first try a patch test.
- Besides, a little goes a long way with this shaving cream, and only a few drops may do the trick.
- Additionally, this shaving cream is made of Honey, bee Pollen, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice Root), and Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry), which means less exposure to chemicals.
- Plus, this slick shaving cream is far better than ordinary shaving creams and doesn’t come in the way of razor blades.
- This ThinkSport bald head sunscreen is free from harmful chemicals like parabens, phthalates, oxybenzone, dioxane, and even UV absorbers.
- It sports an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of more than 50. This ensures that it acts as a strong barrier against the UV-A and UV-B radiations and your skin.
- Besides, this bald head sunscreen is waterproof, so you will not have to worry about the sunscreen washing off at the beach. Or by your sweat on a hot day.
- Lastly, it is also one of the first sunscreens to have met all Whole Foods Premium Care requirements and thus is also a top-rated sunscreen in the market.
- It is also free of obtrusive smell, apart from being quickly absorbed by the skin. Thus leaving behind no oily residue after your head shave.
- This cool clipper can do a great job not only on your head but also on your nose and facial hair.
- Besides, since it is rechargeable and cordless, you need not fuss about battery replacements or standing near the electric socket.
- Additionally, it is suitable for both wet and dry shaving as the machinery of these clippers is completely waterproof. And with no fear of getting an electric shock.
- A high-performance shampoo for the bald head is a perfect solution to your dandruff issues of the head.
- And while its ingredients like Zinc Pyrithione work on dandruff, other botanical ingredients like Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera ensure that your skin remains hydrated and adequately moisturized.
- Additionally, this bald head shampoo is also lightly scented with the aroma of Eucalyptus that will give you a manly ambiance.
- And if you are bothered by the chemicals present in shampoos, rest assured! Art of Sports shampoo is free of all kinds of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates.
- This shampoo is also dermatologically tested and will not irritate your skin.
- A completely natural oil means lesser itching and more comfort while you shave.
- It contains many cold-pressed oils, including coconut, avocado, apricot, olives, and bergamot.
- Therefore, it will moisturize your skin and soften the hair and nourish the skin with essential minerals and vitamins.
- Besides, a little goes a long way with this oil, and all you will need is two to three drops at a time.
- However, the best part is that you may also ditch the shaving cream and shave off your hair after applying this head shaving oil.
- The Platinum Series Head Having kit by none other than the Viking Revolution hardly has hardly any match when it comes to having the perfect golden day’s shaving.
- Besides, this kit is replete with all you may need for your shave, including a safety razor, ten additional razor blades, shaving soap, badger hair brush, stainless steel bowl, razor stand, a pre-shaving oil, and even an after balm.
- Nonetheless, the best part is that it comes with a classic black box to store your shaving essentials in one place. You are also making it convenient to be carried on trips.
- Also, the pre-shave oil and aftershave balms have slight sandalwood scents and premium natural ingredients. Making it soothing, as well as ideal as per one of the head shave tips mentioned earlier!
Index Table: Top-Rated Products for Shaving the Head
|1||HeadBlade LE Moto - Head Shaving Razor||HeadBlade||98|
|2||Floxsee Panoramic - Tri-Fold Head Shaving Mirror||Floxsee||98|
|3||Kibiy Stainless Steel - Cordless Electric Head Shaver||Kibiy||98|
|4||Bee Bald Premium - Premium Bald Head Shaving Cream||Bee Bald||97|
|5||Thinksport SPF 50+ - Chemical Free Bald Head Sunscreen||Thinksport||98|
|6||Carenoble Water-proof - Rechargeable Clippers For Bald Head||Carenoble||97|
|7||Art of Sport Dry Scalp - Scented Bald Head Shampoo||Art of Sport||98|
|8||Alonzo’s Natural - Head Shaving Oil||Alonzo’s||98|
|9||Viking Revolution Platinum - Head Shaving Kit||Viking Revolution||98|
Table of Contents
- Top tips to follow before shaving your head
- Top tips to follow while shaving your head
- Post shaving tips
- Reviews: Best Products for Head Shaving
- HeadBlade® LE Moto Head Shaving Razor
- Floxsee® Panoramic Tri-Fold Head Shaving Mirror
- Kibiy® Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Head Shaver
- Bee Bald® Premium Premium Bald Head Shaving Cream
- Thinksport® SPF 50+ Chemical Free Bald Head Sunscreen
- Carenoble® Water-proof Rechargeable Clippers For Bald Head
- Art of Sport® Dry Scalp Scented Bald Head Shampoo
- Alonzo’s® Natural Head Shaving Oil
- Viking Revolution® Platinum Head Shaving Kit
- Index Table: Top-Rated Products for Shaving the Head