A vintage shaving brush can give you the comfort and convenience of shaving like no other brush. It is easy to handle, has a soft texture, and the brush looks are what makes it distinct from other shaving brushes.
This article will review some of the best vintage-looking shaving brushes perfect for your shaving needs. Also, we will guide you on how to pick the best shaving brush for yourself.
Types of Shaving Brushes
Shaving brushes come in different styles and types. Some of the most common ones are listed down below.
- Badger Brushes – These are the most expensive kind of brushes. The bristles of these brushes are made of soft fibers that have the ability to hold vast amounts of water in them and provide a gentle shave.
- Boar Brushes – The bristles of the boar brushes are firmer, and they provide much a scrubbing alike experience. They help hold the hairs in an upright position so that foam can do its job more extensively.
- Synthetic Brushes – Synthetic shaving brushes can range from poor to excellent. They are more hypoallergenic and have many benefits as compared to other brush types.
- Horse Brushes – As the name suggests, horse brushes are made from horses’ tail hairs. They are known for their great shaving performance but are not as soft as the other ones.
Benefits of Using a Shaving Brush
The following are the several benefits of using a shaving brush.
- Water Retention – A shaving brush can hold a large amount of water in its bristles. When mixed with soap, the water creates a luxurious lather and reduces skin irritation after razor use.
- Exfoliate Skin – Shaving brushes work extremely well on lifting the dead cells from the skin. The brush lifts all the dirt away from the skin and provides better-looking skin.
- Convinience – Brushes were first made because they provide a better shaving experience than bare hands. They are more efficient in distributing the soap over the skin and generate more lather that makes shaving easier.
- Heat Therapy – It is advisable to use the brushes with hot or lukewarm water. When hot water is applied to your skin, it helps open the pores on the skin and cleans it more efficiently.
Features to Look Out While Buying a Shaving Brush
Consider the given features when you search out for buying a new shaving brush.
- Brush Material – The most significant factor while picking a brush is its material. Badger and synthetic brushes are softer and give a smooth experience on the skin. While horse and boar brushes can provide more efficiency but are a little firmer.
- Knot Diameter – It is the diameter of the brush’s base where all bristles are tied together. A good brush should have a knot diameter between 20 – 24mm.
- Handle Length – Larger handle can provide a better hold and grip over the shaving brush. So you may want to stay away from brushed that have minimal handle lengths.
- Tip Shape – A shaving brush can have a bulb, flat top, hybrid, and fan-types tip shapes. All these have a different level of effectivity depending upon the skin. The most common types that provide a better experience are the bulb or fan style.
Reviews: Best Vintage Shaving Brush
Below given is the list of the best vintage shaving brushes that will enhance your shaving experience. We would also like to notify you that when you purchase an item from the given links, we might get some share of the sale.
- Get a gentle and relaxed shaving experience with the soft, silky, and firm bristles of the Akunsz shaving brush.
- The ergonomic shape of the brush makes handling easier for the person.
- The brush comes with a shaving stand that helps the brush to dry effectively.
- This brush has pure badger hair that creates a healthy amount of lather and ensures no bristles shedding.
- A small shaving bowl is a bonus where you can store hot water while shaving.
- This QSHAVE shaving brush is handmade with 100% premium badger hair.
- It has an excellent water retention ability and provides a gentle shaving experience.
- The badger bristles create a rich lather with very few strokes.
- The vase of the brush is built with real wood and has an awesome gripping.
- You can use this brush with all kinds of soaps and shaving creams.
- The Frank Shaving built vintage shaving brush has a hundred percent synthetic bristles.
- It has several modern color variants for the brush vase.
- The shaving brush has a hair knot size of 24mm and has a plastic handle.
- The bristles are extremely soft and hold a great water amount in them.
- It has a superbly quick drying process.
- The SANWA-made shaving brush consists of synthetic, extremely soft nylon bristles.
- The brush has a sleek appearance and is completely odorless.
- It comes with a shaving bowl made of stainless steel, which has an additional handle to keep the brush intact when not in use.
- The base of the brush is made of wooden material and has an elegant chrome finish over it.
- This is a great choice for people having sensitive skin types.
- This Perfecto vintage shaving brush is built with 100% badger hair bristles and provides an excellent shaving experience.
- It exfoliates the skin very gently and makes the skin look brighter and younger.
- The bristles of the brush are soft and create a rich lather to enhance the shaving.
- It has a good water-holding capacity and provides a gentle and soft touch to the skin.
- This is a perfect brush for people looking for an affordable shaving brush.
- This Anbbas shaving brush is made with pure badger hair and goes through a 25 process step to obtain the best efficiency.
- The bristles of the brush are soft and firm and have a great heat retention ability.
- The brush works significantly well with all kinds of shaving gels and sops.
- It has an ash wood-made handle that gives a unique vintage look to the shaving brush.
- This brush takes less amount of time to dry and is also very durable.
From Bassion, we have two professional, Vintage-styled shaving brushes in one set.
- A top-quality vintage-style shaving brush.
- The shaving brush is durable with a solid wood handle.
- It gently exfoliates the skin in is very soft.
- Easy and very comfortable to use.
A durable barber-style vintage shaving brush with a resin handle.
- The shaving brush comes with a shaving bowl and a stand.
- It is a Badger brush with a comfortable handle.
- The brush consists of quality pure badger hair and has extra-wide bristles.
- It comes in an easy-to-use set.
From Aethland, we have a brush and bowl set for shaving in a stunning Vintage design.
- This is a shaving cream bowl and a brush set in a vintage design.
- The brush is durable and comfortable to use.
- The bowl comes with shaving cream, and there are two options to select from.
- The handle of the shaving brush is solid wood.
The Cineen Anself is a three in One shaving set with a vintage shaving brush.
- A three-in-one shaving brush kit.
- The kit includes a shaving brush, a shaving bowl, and a shaving stand.
- The shaving brush has soft bristles and an ergonomic handle.
- The stand is durable and of high quality.
- The shaving bowl is neat and easy to use.
Index Table: Top-Rated Vintage Shaving Brush
|1||Shaving Revolution Pure Badger - Vintage Shaving Brush||Shaving Revolution||96|
|2||QSHAVE Wooden - Shaving Brush||QSHAVE||95|
|3||Frank Shaving Vintage - Brush for Shaving||Frank Shaving||98|
|4||Faleto Chrome - Vintage Shaving Brush||Faleto||96|
|5||Perfecto Shiny Black - Shaving Brush||Perfecto||96|
|6||Anbbas Solid Wood - Vintage Shaving Brush||Anbbas||97|
|7||Bassion 2 Pack - Vintage Shaving Brush||Bassion||97.4|
|8||Rocky Mountain Barber Company Best Badger - Vintage Shaving Brush||Rocky Mountain Barber Company||97.7|
|9||Aethland Brush Set - Vintage Shaving Brush||Aethland||97.5|
|10||Cineen Anslef - Vintage Shaving Brush||Cineen||97.2|
Table of Contents
- Types of Shaving Brushes
- Benefits of Using a Shaving Brush
- Features to Look Out While Buying a Shaving Brush
- Reviews: Best Vintage Shaving Brush
- Shaving Revolution® Pure Badger Vintage Shaving Brush
- QSHAVE® Wooden Shaving Brush
- Frank Shaving® Vintage Brush for Shaving
- Faleto® Chrome Vintage Shaving Brush
- Perfecto® Shiny Black Shaving Brush
- Anbbas® Solid Wood Vintage Shaving Brush
- Bassion® 2 Pack Vintage Shaving Brush
- Rocky Mountain Barber Company® Best Badger Vintage Shaving Brush
- Aethland® Brush Set Vintage Shaving Brush
- Cineen® Anslef Vintage Shaving Brush
- Index Table: Top-Rated Vintage Shaving Brush