Ingrown hairs can be uncomfortable and unsightly, and they can itch and even become painful.
We all want healthy and smooth-looking skin after shaving, so why not try the best aftershave for ingrown hair?
Reviews: The Best Aftershaves for Ingrown Hair
Here are some of our top favorite choices in aftershaves for ingrown hairs;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Table of Contents
- Reviews: The Best Aftershaves for Ingrown Hair
- Tend Skin® Solution Aftershave for Ingrown Hair
- Shaveworks® Cool Fix Aftershave for Ingrown Hair
- Nivea® Maximum Hydration Aftershave and Aloe for Ingrown Hair
- Dickinson’s® Witch Hazel Aftershave for Ingrown Hair
- L’Occitane® Soothing Cade Aftershave Balm for Ingrown Hair
- Luviore® Solution Aftershave for Ingrown Hair
- What Are Ingrown Hairs Exactly
- How to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
- Features of a Good Aftershave for Ingrown Hairs
- Index Table: Top Rated Aftershaves for Ingrown Hair
- They tend. Skin aftershave is perfect for ingrown hairs.
- The aftershave is a non-greasy solution that takes care of red bumps and ingrown hairs.
- It can be used by both men and women on any body area and even sensitive skin.
- The aftershave solution also doubles as a facial cleanser or toner for men and women.
- The Cool Fix from Shaveworks will bring great relief to ingrown hairs.
- This is an aftershave gel that is also moisturizing.
- Ideal for men and women post shaving, waxing, or epilating.
- It is safe and gentle, even in intimate areas.
- The Nivea Post-shave balm also helps with ingrown hairs.
- It is more of a moisturizing balm for dry skin, which can cause ingrown hairs.
- The balm has aloe Vera and Vitamin B5.
- You get a three-pack or 3.3 Fl Oz bottle with your purchase.
- The Dickenson’s Witch hazel aftershave is perfect for ingrown hairs.
- This is an aftershave astringent that heals inflammation and soothes the skin.
- It also makes for an excellent toning lotion for men and women.
- The L’Occitane Soothing Cade is the perfect ingrown hair solution.
- This aftershave balm is for men and women to moisturize and soothe the skin.
- The formula with tightened pores refreshes the skin and helps to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Also ideal for rash and breakouts.
- The Luviore Solution is the perfect cure for ingrown hairs.
- It is a solution you can use after shaving men and women.
- The solution is moisturizing and more of a serum than an actual aftershave.
- It is ideal for all kinds of skin conditions and all skin types.
What Are Ingrown Hairs Exactly
The ingrown hair develops after you shave when the hair curls back underneath the skin and starts growing beneath the surface skin layer rather than on top.
The ingrown hair then creates a small, red, or skin-colored bump that is inflamed and may often contain pus, become itchy, or be swollen.
Ingrown hair can occur anywhere that you shave, wax, or epilate. They can form on your face, bikini line, legs, underarms, and any other shaved, waxed, or epilated skin area. However, you will notice that they usually occur more in dense hair areas such as the armpits and bikini areas.
Ingrown hairs have no set time frame for when they will disappear, and many times you will need to remove the ingrown hair and disinfect the area to prevent infection. The bump or redness may take some time to heal.
How to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
There are, however, a few things you can do to prevent ingrown hairs in general or to make them less;
- Stop Shaving – This is more for the ladies. Sometimes, such as in my case, shaving causes more ingrown hairs, and waxing or epilating is a much better option, so this may work for you. I tend to get more ingrown hairs from shaving my legs or bikini area than I would when waxing or epilating. Shaving may not be for everyone, especially when you are a lady.
- Fresh Blades – Do not use old blades as they tend to be dull and often built up with dirt and soap scum, which can irritate your skin and lead to ingrown hairs. Also, clean your blades properly after use, ensure they are completely dry, and stay dry. Pouring rubbing alcohol on them will also help disinfect and dry them out completely.
- Give Your Skin Some Time – This may be difficult, especially for men that need to shave facial hair regularly. Sometimes, however, your skin needs a bit of time to heal. You can skip a shave over a weekend; ladies could skip a few shaves during wintertime.
- Exfoliate – One thing that makes a huge difference with ingrown hairs, especially in ladies, is regular exfoliation. Use exfoliating gloves or a body scrub a few days after shaving or waxing to prevent ingrown hairs from developing. Men who shave regularly can give a day or two in between or exfoliate directly before shaving.
- Use a Good Aftershave – Always use a good moisturizing aftershave balm, lotion, or tonic that moisturizes and hydrates your skin. Often dry skin leads to ingrown hairs.
- Remove Ingrown Hairs – It could be done by a professional or yourself. You will need a sterilized needle to open up the bump or area containing the ingrown hair and lift the hair. You can also use a tweezer to pull the ingrown hair out. If there is a bump, gently squeeze out the pus with tissue paper and use a disinfecting agent such as tea tree oil or antiseptic ointment to treat the bump.
- Use a Professional – You can likewise GOP to see a professional if you have any ingrown hairs. They can help remove the hairs and treat your skin or do a cleansing facial or similar treatment to remove ingrown hairs and prevent them from developing.
Features of a Good Aftershave for Ingrown Hairs
- Ingredients – A good aftershave for ingrown hairs should contain moisturizing agents such as shea butter and vitamin E. Essential oils such as Chamomile, eucalyptus, tea tree, and lavender are ideal. Aloe vera and witch hazel also have some excellent properties.
- Bottle Design – The Aftershave should be in an easy-to-use bottle or dispenser. Make sure that you follow directions for use.
- Amount – Aftershave comes in different size options and pack sizes. Sometimes you can save a bot by buying in bulk.
Index Table: Top Rated Aftershaves for Ingrown Hair
|1||Tend Skin Solution - Aftershave for Ingrown Hair||Tend Skin||98|
|2||Shaveworks Cool Fix - Aftershave for Ingrown Hair||Shaveworks||97.9|
|3||Nivea Maximum Hydration - Aftershave and Aloe for Ingrown Hair||Nivea||97|
|4||Dickinson’s Witch Hazel - Aftershave for Ingrown Hair||Dickinson’s||97.7|
|5||L’Occitane Soothing Cade - Aftershave Balm for Ingrown Hair||L’Occitane||97|
|6||Luviore Solution - Aftershave for Ingrown Hair||Luviore||97.5|