Acne is a skin condition caused by the accumulation of dirt, oil, and dead cells on your skin. When your pores and hair follicles are clogged, your face breaks out in the form of Acne.
Shaving on skin covered with Acne or is even acne-prone can be very difficult.
To find out the essentials and procedures of shaving acne-prone skin and the best shaving creams for Acne, keep reading!
Causes Behind Acne
- Genetics – A leading cause behind acne is genetics. Our genes decide a lot of things for us. It decides your skin type and the behavior of your skin cells.
- Hormones – Hormonal changes can also cause acne. Most people experience Acne when they hit puberty because of all the hormonal changes in their bodies.
- Lifestyle – Your lifestyle can also determine whether you get acne or not. Unclean pillowcases, sugary and unhealthy diet and lack of hygiene can cause acne to occur.
- Skincare – Not taking of your skin may also sometimes result in acne. Dirty skin covered with dead skin cells and sebum maximizes your chance of getting Acne.
Shaving With Acne
- Taking Care of your Skin – Cleansing, moisturizing, and exfoliating are essential for good skin. Having clean skin improves the quality of shave, and it also reduces and prevents Acne.
- Choosing the Right Razor – Razors come in different styles. The best razor for Acne-prone skin is safety razors, as it gives a close shave without irritating your skin.
- Choosing a Suitable Shaving Cream – The shaving cream you use can make or break your shaving experience. For acne-prone skin, you need a soothing cream.
- Going for a Soothing After-Shave – Using a soothing after-shave lotion can do wonders for acne-prone skin. It reduces redness and irritation and can calm Acne.
How to Choose the Best Shaving Creams for Acne
- Made for Sensitive Skin – Using shaving creams that are made specially to cater to your skin type is ideal. So for Acne-prone skin, you can go for a shaving cream made for sensitive skin types.
- Unscented – Artificial fragrances can sometimes irritate the skin and cause inflammation. This fact is especially true for acne-prone skin. Therefore, go for unscented shaving cream.
- Contains Soothing Ingredients – It is preferable to use a shaving cream containing soothing ingredients like Tea tree oil, menthol, etc. These components have a naturally soothing effect on Acne.
- Non-Comedogenic – The ideal shaving cream should at least not cause more acne. For this, you need a shaving cream that is non-comedogenic, i.e., it does not clog pores. This kind of product minimizes the chance of future Acne.
- Hydrating and Moisturizing – Hydrating shaving creams soften the hair and make it easier to shave. Skin with Acne is tough to shave as the Acne comes between the razor and the hair. Anything that can make this process easier is a plus!
Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Acne
Reviewed down below are the best Shaving Creams for Acne prone skin and sensitive skin available in the market.
- The shaving cream comes in a Subtle citrus-scented formula with special ingredients.
- These unique ingredients are added to cater to sensitive and acne-prone skin and help prevent razor bumps, blemishes, and ingrown hairs.
- Cremo’s skin clearing shave cream provides a close, comfortable shave and minimizes the risk of razor burns, nicks, and cuts.
- It also contains ingredients that help in clearing out skin.
- This thick cream is made especially for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- It has a proprietary formula that calms and soothes the skin while protecting it from shaving irritations and injuries.
- The Pro-Soothe® Technology of this cream reduces the chances of razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
- Neutrogena’s clean-rinsing shave cream is non-comedogenic and free of toxic dyes.
- It takes only a tiny amount of this cream to create a thick, luxurious lather for the perfect shaving experience.
- Proraso, a leading brand in shaving products, uses a proprietary formula to make all its products rich and safe for the skin.
- The formula used in this shaving cream is ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin as it is enriched with Oatmeal Extract and Green Tea.
- It works as an emollient and leaves behind a soothing effect.
- It reduces any after-shave redness or irritation.
- Just squirt a tiny amount onto your wet shaving brush.
- After rubbing it in a circular motion a few times, you will see that the cream turns into the most luxurious and soothing lather.
- This skin fuel shave cream is made by a special ‘hot soap process’ and left to mature for 3 days.
- This unique processing method results in a thick and creamy soap that produces a rich lather, more so when used with a brush.
- The All-natural shaving cream is ideal for delicate, acne-prone skin as it forms a protective layer on the skin’s surface and prevents redness.
- It minimizes the risk of nicks, cuts, razor bumps, and burns.
- RUGGED & DAPPER’s shave cream is of professional quality and acts as an ultra-lubricating cream for the smoothest shaving experience of your life.
- The skin-fueling cream contains only natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Sea Buckthorn, Sage, and Olive Oil.
- It is suitable for all skin types, from oily and dry to combination and acne-prone skin.
- This shaving cream is made without any added fragrances to make it suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- It does not make Acne worse or causes any irritation.
- This unscented shaving cream produces a foamy, creamy lather that minimizes irritation and redness, as it provides a smooth glide for the razor.
- It softens the beard for a close and comfortable shave and works well even without a shaving brush.
- This hydrating cream leaves your skin feeling smooth.
- The Art of Shaving’s proprietary cream contains Coconut acid, Glycerin, and some naturally sourced essential oils and extracts.
- It is free from synthetic dyes and alcohol.
- Baxter of California’s Shave cream is formulated for men and provides moisture to the skin.
- This Super Close Shave formula creates a rich, foamy lather that allows the razor to glide over the skin instead of dragging.
- It also protects the razor’s edge and minimizes the chance of nicks and cuts.
- The soothing lather soothes the skin and reduces irritation or redness caused by shaving.
- It contains tea tree oil, which helps to soothe Acne and reduce it.
- The ideal use of this cream is with a badger shaving brush, but you can also use it directly with your hands.
Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Acne
|1||Cremo Shave Cream - Clears Acne from Skin||Cremo||98.9|
|2||Neutrogena Shaving Cream - For Sensitive Acne Skin||Neutrogena||98.2|
|3||Proraso Shaving Cream - For Acne Prone Skin||Proraso||97.7|
|4||RUGGED & DAPPER Skin Fuel - Shaving Cream for Acne||RUGGED & DAPPER||96.3|
|5||The Art of Shaving Shave Cream - Unscented For Acne||The Art of Shaving||95.4|
|6||Baxter of California Shave - Super Close Shave Acne Skin||Baxter of California||94.6|
Table of Contents
- Causes Behind Acne
- Shaving With Acne
- How to Choose the Best Shaving Creams for Acne
- Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Acne
- Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Acne