Shaving creams for people suffering from eczema are a great way to combine grooming needs with the skin’s sensitivity. So we searched for the best shaving creams that are not harsh on the eczema-prone skin.
Besides, we will also highlight some additional points that will help you have a comfortable and soothing shaving experience. Just have a look at the top products that we have shortlisted and chose the one that fits your needs in the best possible way.
Things to Take Care of When Shaving Eczema Prone Skin
Eczema causes the skin to be extremely prone to dryness, itching, and rashes. While shaving, you may feel a burning sensation. It also hinders the smooth glide of the blade. So here are a few essential steps to take to ensure a smooth shave with eczema skin.
- Slow Speed – While eczema already reduces the skin’s immunity to rashes, gliding the razor over and again on the same areas may aggravate the situation. It is best to shave at a slow speed and also to ensure that the skin faces minimum tension.
- Shaving Direction – Shave in the downward direction, as to prevent the risk of Folliculitis, which is inflammation of the skin at the base of the hair.
- Eczema Creams – You may apply eczema moisturizing creams after shaving, or perhaps you can even mix it with your shaving cream itself.
- Sharp Razors – Since eczema deteriorates the texture of the skin, blunt blades will only enhance the friction. So ensure that you use sharp blades that offer minimum resistance to your sensitive skin.
How to Choose the Right Shaving Creams if Suffering from Eczema?
Eczema means irritated dry skin. There may be a possibility of causing further trauma to your skin while shaving. So here are the best points to consider while choosing the right shaving cream for your skin condition.
- Avoid Shaving Foams – Generally shaving foams strips the skin of its natural moisture leading to more dry skin. This could further aggravate your skin’s condition and make things worse.
- Parfum Free – Unscented shaving creams work wonders for a person suffering from eczema. Most of these products are enriched with natural fragrance-free ingredients.
- Alcohol-Free – Products that contain alcohol don’t really do well with eczema-prone skin. It causes further traumas, which may leave your skin looking dehydrated.
- Non-Comedogenic – Since eczema-prone skin lacks moisture, make sure you do not use the products consisting of comedogenic ingredients.
Best Eczema Shaving Cream Ingredients with Anti-Inflammatory Properties
While looking for a shaving cream that does well with eczema, you need to make sure it has some of the below mentioned anti-inflammatory properties/ingredients.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera provides a soothing touch to a skin that is irritated and dry. Therefore, look for a product that has aloe vera in it.
- Oatmeal – The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal help to treat dry skin while removing the dead skin cells. It leaves the skin looking nourished and hydrated.
- Green Tea – Green tea has exceptionally well anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. People suffering from eczema must consider buying products that consist of the goodness of green tea.
- Glycerin – Glycerin soothes the skin. It is highly recommended whenever your skin feels dry and irritated.
Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Eczema
Here are the best Shaving Creams for Eczema that will ensure a smooth and moisturized shaving experience. Please be informed that for every purchase made through the links on this page, we may receive a part of the profit.
- Aveeno shaving gel is an excellent option for people suffering from eczema. For enhanced results, you may add the Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm from the same brand into the shaving gel.
- It has got moisturizing lubricants, vitamin E, oats, etc. that leave your skin adequately moisturized after each shave.
- It is also non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog your pores with any irritants and soothes your eczema with its hydrating action.
- With extra soothing and comforting ingredients what you will get is a well moisturized shave.
- It soothes your eczema irritation, unlike other foaming shaving creams, and calms your eczema affected skin like a pro.
- The best part of this shaving cream for eczema is that a little goes a long way so that you won’t be buying another for a long time.
- 90% of its ingredients are completely natural, and it is free from parabens, silicones, mineral oils, phthalates, artificial colors, etc. Besides, ingredients like Oatmeal and Green Tea comfort the inflamed skin.
- This shaving cream by Neutrogena for eczema is clinically proven to soothe inflamed skin. It also protects the skin from razor bumps and ingrown hair for lasting comfort.
- It is both dye-free and non-comedogenic, which allows your skin pores to breathe freely and stay nourished.
- And since it is formulated with Pro-Soothe Technology, your eczema will be kept in check, at least during and after shaving.
- Marlowe M Blend has brought across a Light Citrus Scented shaving cream for people suffering from eczema that soothes their skin after each shave.
- The Shea Butter and Coconut Oil form a barrier between your skin and the razor blade to minimize the friction your skin has to suffer during shaving.
- Other ingredients include extracts of Green Tea, Willow Bark, Deep Sea Algae, etc. which all work towards ensuring that your eczema affected skin stays happy.
- Additionally, it is made in the USA and is free of Paraben and Phthalate, apart from being a cruelty-free product.
- Nivea Men’s shaving cream is eczema friendly as it contains no drying alcohol, which is the main culprit being the burning sensation during shaving.
- It is a cruelty-free product that has been dermatologically tested on men with sensitive skin.
- Its brilliant formula softens the stubble for a single glide shave, which less friction for the skin.
- It contains Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, With Hazel) Bark/Leaf Extract, etc. that are gentle on the skin suffering from eczema.
- This cool shaving cream for eczema is made by Rocky Mountain Barber Company using natural ingredients like Jojoba Oil, Sandalwood, Argan Oil, Grapeseed Oil, etc.
- It leathers quickly and thickly to ensure minimal friction between the razor and your sensitive skin, reducing the chances of any razor burns, nicks and cuts.
- The brand claims to have this product tested and tried by several professional and amateur athletes, with sensitive skin issues.
Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Eczema
|1||Aveeno Gel - Therapeutic Shaving Cream for Eczema||Aveeno||98.4|
|2||Proraso Anti Irritation - Chemical Free Shaving Cream for Eczema||Proraso||98|
|3||Neutrogena Pro-Soothe - Non-Comedogenic Shaving Cream for Eczema||Neutrogena||97|
|4||Marlowe Natural - Lightly Scented Shaving Cream for Eczema||Marlowe||98|
|5||NIVEA Men Alcohol Free - Sensitive Shaving Cream for Eczema||NIVEA Men||97|
|6||Rocky Mountain Hydrating - Sandalwood Shaving Cream for Eczema||Rocky Mountain||98|
Table of Contents
- Things to Take Care of When Shaving Eczema Prone Skin
- How to Choose the Right Shaving Creams if Suffering from Eczema?
- Best Eczema Shaving Cream Ingredients with Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Eczema
- Aveeno® Gel Therapeutic Shaving Cream for Eczema
- Proraso ® Anti Irritation Chemical Free Shaving Cream for Eczema
- Neutrogena ® Pro-Soothe Non-Comedogenic Shaving Cream for Eczema
- Marlowe® Natural Lightly Scented Shaving Cream for Eczema
- NIVEA Men® Alcohol Free Sensitive Shaving Cream for Eczema
- Rocky Mountain® Hydrating Sandalwood Shaving Cream for Eczema
- Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Eczema