Many factors contribute to dry skin, from genetics and lifestyle to diet and grooming habits.
Shaving on dry skin can be a miserable experience if done carelessly. Dry, patchy skin is vulnerable and can easily be damaged.
Read on to find out the treatment and prevention of dry skin and the best shaving creams for dry skin available in the market.
Dry Skin: Causes
- Appearance – Dry skin is characterized by a lack of moisture in the skin. It appears as dull, flaky skin, often with patches on it.
- Symptoms – The most common symptom of dry skin is itching. Dry skin is also often easily inflamed, rough, and irritated. Frequently itching dry skin can cause cuts and peels.
- Causes – Dry skin can be caused due to external or internal factors. External factors are the most common and the easier to address and fix. It can be caused by cold temperatures, low humidity, over washing, and frequent application of astringent liquids. Internal factors include genetics, overall health, medical conditions, dehydration, lack of water in the body, reduced moisture in the epidermis.
- Medical and Skin Conditions – Skin and medical conditions that make the skin damaged and vulnerable, can also cause dryness and sensitivity. Eczema, Atopic Dermatitis, Rosacea, and other similar conditions can cause intense dryness in the skin. Diabetes and Hyperthyroidism also lessen moisture in the skin, leaving it dry.
Treatment and Prevention for Dry Skin
- Moisturizing Lotions and Creams – There are hundreds of moisturizing creams and lotions available in the market to solve all dry skin related problems. Each cream and lotion is made from a special concoction and contains a variety of humectants, emollients, and hydrating factors.
- Over-the-Counter treatments – OTC products for skin issues are mostly dermatologist approved. There are many intense treatments available for dry, cracked skin.
- Home Remedies – Using stuff available at your home to treat dry skin is also an excellent option. Moisturizing ingredients such as avocados, aloe vera, dairy products, essential oils, etc., can be used to treat dry skin at home.
- Healthy Diet – Taking a healthy diet filled with nutrients and minerals is essential for healthy, glowy skin. Fruits and vegetables can take you a lot closer to fulfilling your water requirement for the day.
- Water Intake – The minimum requirement for healthy skin is at least 2 liters of water per day. If your skin is getting the hydration it needs from the inside, the symptoms of dry skin will reduce.
Essentials and Procedures of Shaving on Dry Skin
- Moisturize Before and After – Moisturizing before and after shaving is essential for reducing the negative side effects of shaving on dry skin. It can also allow for a smoother shave with minimum cuts and nicks.
- Use the Right Shaving Cream – Using the right shaving cream takes your shaving experience to the next level. Shaving creams that contain moisturizing oils, butter, and other components can reduce the symptoms of dry skin.
- More Chance of Damage – Dry skin is very vulnerable, as the moisturizing barrier on the skin is practically non-existent. Because of this, shaving on dry and sensitive skin can be dangerous and might result in increased cuts, nicks and razor burns or bumps. It may also leave the skin red and irritated. This can be avoided by using the right products.
Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Dry Skin
The below list consists of the most moisturizing shaving creams for dry skin available in the market.
- This shaving cream is enriched with Willow Bark, Borage Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Olive Oil.
- It delivers intense hydration to dry skin and makes for an ideal shave.
- Truefitt & Hill’s No.10 refined cream creates a rich and luxurious lather for a smooth.
- It also softens the bristles and moisturizes beard hair as well as skin since it contains Sweet Almond and Olive Oils.
- The cream comes with a delicate citrus-based fragrance.
- This product is enriched with moisturizing components like Macadamia Oil, Shea, Mango, and Cocoa Butters. Shave Butter has been created to provide the ideal shaving experience by minimizing pesky nicks, cuts, and razor burn.
- This Shave butter does not foam. Instead, it provides a non-greasy but smooth base for your shave and allows the razor to glide smoothly. It also gives you full visibility, so you know where you are shaving.
- It can also be used after shaving for a moisturizing feel.
- Van Der Hagen’s shave butter is suitable for all skin and hair types. From sensitive and dry skin to coarse or fine hair, this fits all!
- It can even be used by women who like having their skin bump and blemish free after shaving as well.
- This soothing and refreshing shave cream is luxurious and makes shaving an experience you look forward to. This softening shaving cream contains Maca Root and Aloe Vera for deep skin moisturization and a close shave.
- All products used in this shaving cream are enriched with Community Trade organic products from Mexico. It leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth, and nick-free after a shave.
- The Maca Root used in this cream is sourced from Peru.
- The Body Shop’s shave cream is 100% vegetarian.
- This shave cream contains Honey, Mango, Aloe Vera and Vitamine E for a close shape that leaves the skin moisturized.
- Trader Joe’s cream shave is Paraben-Free and 100% vegetarian.
- It contains lubricating emollients that go deep into the skin to deliver hydration and moisture.
- It protects the skin from razor burns and bumps, as well as nicks and cuts.
- It creates a moisturizing barrier between the skin and the razor to make sure the skin does not dry out.
- This shaving cream is specially made for dry skin types.
- This cream bowl provides anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin as it contains Manuka Honey.
- It softens the hair as well as the skin and allows for a smooth and close shave.
- Taylor of Old Bond Street’s cream shave creates a moisturizing barrier between the skin and razor to rehydrate hair and provide protection from razor burns and cuts.
- The Mafura Oil in this shaving cream boasts a high level of oleic acid that replenishes oils stripped from hair while shaving.
- It also contains African Rock Fig that contains antioxidants from Vitamin C. This keeps the hair look vibrant and luscious.
- This shaving gel is specifically formulated for all the needs of dry skin.
- The Vitamin E in this gel foam creates a soothing shave experience.
- It contains special moisturizers and lubricants for a smooth and close shave, as well as deep skin moisturization.
- It allows a smooth glide for the razor blade to prevent any nicks, cuts, and razor burn.
- Edge shaving gel conditions the beard hair and leaves it feeling soft and vibrant.
Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Dry Skin
|1||Truefitt & Hill No.10 - Shaving Cream for Dry Skin||Truefitt & Hill||98.8|
|2||Van Der Hagen Shave Butter - Ultra-moisturizing for Dry Skin||Van Der Hagen||97.5|
|3||The Body Shop Shave Cream - Softening for Dry Skin||The Body Shop||96.7|
|4||Trader Joe's Cream Shave - Honey Mango for Dry Skin||Trader Joe's||95.9|
|5||Taylor of Old Bond Street Cream Bowl - Moisturizes Dry Skin||Taylor of Old Bond Street||95.1|
|6||Edge Shaving Gel - Extra Moisturizing for Dry Skin||Edge||94.3|
Table of Contents
- Dry Skin: Causes
- Treatment and Prevention for Dry Skin
- Essentials and Procedures of Shaving on Dry Skin
- Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Dry Skin
- Truefitt & Hill® No.10 Shaving Cream for Dry Skin
- Van Der Hagen® Shave Butter Ultra-moisturizing for Dry Skin
- The Body Shop® Shave Cream Softening for Dry Skin
- Trader Joe's® Cream Shave Honey Mango for Dry Skin
- Taylor of Old Bond Street® Cream Bowl Moisturizes Dry Skin
- Edge® Shaving Gel Extra Moisturizing for Dry Skin
- Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Dry Skin