Ingrown hairs are quite messy, and there are hardly any shaving creams that work against them. But with a little digging and a few cups of coffee, we found and shortlisted the best shaving cream for ingrown hairs.
These will allow for a soothing and smooth shave apart from fighting against ingrown hair. These are enriched with natural ingredients that will also keep your skin hydrated and free from cuts, nicks, and burns.
So getting a perfect shave and smooth skin without ingrown hair is now possible. Keep reading to know more.
Important facts regarding Ingrown Hair
While ingrown hairs are constantly irritating as well as have the potential to turn into your worst nightmare, here are some facts on the creepy hairs that grow within the epidermis.
- Causes – Ingrown hair is common after waxing, shaving, and related hair removal methods.
- Ailments – Ingrown hair can cause pain, itching and can even turn into cyst-filled breakouts.
- Cure – Treatment of ingrown hairs may require the use of medication like antibiotics, serums, or balms.
- Prevention – Ingrown hair can be kept in check by following proper shaving techniques and best products.
What Causes Ingrown Hair & How to avoid them?
After the removal of hair, the hair follicles are left slightly exposed to open air. As a result, the skin pores get clogged with dirt and dust, which block the new hair path. Subsequently, the hair grows sideways and under the skin. Now here are a few steps to avoid ingrown hair.
- Exfoliate – Since ingrown hair is often formed due to pore blockage by dirt and dust, if you regularly exfoliate your skin and remove the dirt, the hair will grow in the right direction.
- Pat Dry – Do not rub your face with a towel, as it scrubs against the skin that can further lead to breakouts and ingrown hair.
- Use After Shave Balms – Aftershave balms are a great way to keep the ingrown hair in check. It would help if you used the shaving creams for ingrown hair; adding these balms to the post-shaving regime will work wonders.
- Use Sharp Razors – Blunt blades cut the hair in uneven direction, disorienting their regrowth. So ensure that your blade is sharp.
Shaving Cream Ingredients that prevent Ingrown Hair
Shaving creams come with various ingredients, but only a few have the power to prevent ingrown hair. Here are the best ones.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree Oil has the natural property to fight ingrown hair. It also prevents ingrown hair from getting further infected and heals them gently.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil ensures that the skin stays hydrated and free from ingrown hair.
- Coffee – Some shaving creams that come with infused coffee beans are also good at gently exfoliating the skin. Also, its anti-oxidating property helps in keeping a tab on ingrown hair.
Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
Have a look at the best shaving creams for ingrown hair and choose the one that fits your requirements in the best possible way. However, we would like to inform you that we may earn a part of the profits for every purchase made through links on this page.
- Neutrogena’s skin clearing shaving cream is one of the best answers to your ingrowth woes and is clinically proven.
- It is completely oil-free and foam-less to ensure that your skin is free from both razor bumps as well as ingrown hairs.
- Additionally, it includes Glycerin and moisturizing elements that form a protective layer on your skin and protects from the razor’s friction.
- Premier’s unique shaving cream protects against burns, cuts, rashes, and even ingrown hairs.
- It consists of Chamomile extract that soothes the skin after each shave, while Aloe Vera Gel restores its natural moisture.
- Its soap-free formula is suitable for sensitive skin, and you will feel much more refreshed and rejuvenated after each shave.
- Other ingredients include Jojoba Oil, Carrot Oil, dead sea minerals, etc.
- Experience the closest shave that will be free of any itching, cuts, and burns with the sandalwood scented shaving cream from American Shaving Co. for ingrown hair.
- It lathers pretty well and allows the skin to become flexible and the hair to get loose.
- Its old-school sandalwood scent is unbeatable, along with the smooth and pain-free shaving.
- The shaving cream is also free of harmful chemicals like parabens, GMOs, additives, and fillers. So it ensures a safe and healthy shave for and works against the growth of ingrown hair.
- An antidote for ingrown hair, this shaving cream by Burt’s Bees is made from natural ingredients like Chamomile, Calendula, Linden, etc., that soothe your skin during and after shaving.
- It has a slight natural fragrance that will not be too cringy for your nose or overpower your cologne.
- It applies smoothly on wet skin and lathers judiciously.
- For best results, follow Burt’s Bees Aftershave and get rid of ingrown hair for a long time.
- Nivea’s anti-aging shave cream also works as a great anti ingrown hair.
- It is a highly concentrated formula, so a little goes a long way and outlasts multiple cans of usual shaving creams and gels. You will need a fraction of what you use from other creams for shaving.
- The travel-size container is easy to carry. Besides, you may rest assured that your skin stays hydrated and radical-free all day long.
- This shaving cream from Elegance claims to have a unique formula that fights against ingrown hair and irritation.
- It is suitable for all skin types, carries a cozy earth fragrance, and intensely moisturizes your skin.
- It has a faster removal with minimal friction from the razor, and you won’t need a hot towel at all.
- Besides, it lathers adequately to minimize the friction during razor glides.
- An Oat and Vitamin E shaving gel.
- It hydrates and protects your skin to prevent ingrown hairs.
- The formulation provides effective lubrication and moisturization.
- Recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skin.
- A cooling shave gel available in different package sizes.
- A clear and sensitive shave gel.
- It will prevent razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
- The shaving gel leaves a cooling feel and has rejuvenating menthol in it.
- A Triple cushion technology shaving foam.
- It offers a creamy lather for shaving smoothly and for a closer shave.
- The formulation will help to prevent ingrown hairs.
- It is also very hydrating.
- An oil-free cream-based shaving gel.
- The shaving cream will prevent razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
- It contains safe and moisturizing ingredients.
- Also recommended by dermatologists.
Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
|1||Neutrogena Oil-Free - Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair||Neutrogena||97.2|
|2||Premier Gentle - Ingrown Hair Resistant Shaving Cream||Premier||98|
|3||American Shaving Sandalwood - Scented Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair||American Shaving||96|
|4||Burt's Bees Skin Care - Natural Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair||Burt's Bees||96|
|5||Nivea Golden Seaweed - Advanced Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair||Nivea||98|
|6||ELEGANCE Non Irritating - Clear Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair||ELEGANCE||97|
|7||Aveeno Therapeutic - Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair||Aveeno||97.8|
|8||Bump Patrol Sensitive - Ingrown Hair Shaving Cream||Bump Patrol||97.7|
|9||Jack Black Supreme - Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hairs||Jack Black||97.2|
|10||Neutrogena Skin Clearing - Shaving Cream||Neutrogena||97.1|
Table of Contents
- Important facts regarding Ingrown Hair
- What Causes Ingrown Hair & How to avoid them?
- Shaving Cream Ingredients that prevent Ingrown Hair
- Reviews: Best Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
- Neutrogena® Oil-Free Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
- Premier® Gentle Ingrown Hair Resistant Shaving Cream
- American Shaving® Sandalwood Scented Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
- Burt's Bees® Skin Care Natural Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
- Nivea® Golden Seaweed Advanced Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
- ELEGANCE® Non Irritating Clear Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
- Aveeno® Therapeutic Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair
- Bump Patrol® Sensitive Ingrown Hair Shaving Cream
- Jack Black® Supreme Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hairs
- Neutrogena® Skin Clearing Shaving Cream
- Index Table: Top-Rated Shaving Cream for Ingrown Hair